Odd topic for a blogger right? How could I possibly hate traffic? Well, read to the end of the post and you'll understand. Traffic - we all crave it. We check our pageview stats at least 10 times a day. We open and read every post that goes "5 ways to build traffic" or "10 quick ways to attract readers to your blog", and all those kinds of posts. We join communities and create them to promote our blog, just so we can build traffic. Use every available social media -Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn e.t.c. to promote our blog and build traffic. How could I then even think to say that I hate traffic? I must be out of my mind.
Well, stop holding your breathe now and take a breather. I actually loveee traffic. That was since I started blogging though. Prior to that, the word "traffic" only meant trouble for me. Two major forms come to mind
- TRAFFIC JAM: This goes with the following in my mind's eye
- Lateness to wherever I was headed
- Burning up of my fuel
- Running down of my battery, if I make the mistake of turning off the ignition and leaving the radio on
- Scratching or bashing of my car. (This for me is the absolute worst). The tendency of this happening is becoming frighteningly frequent. This is because the "okada" (bike) riders that were a means of transportation to so many people, were suddenly ban from the roads. (I am not saying they were wonderful drivers). But, now everyone has taken to the roads with their learner signs, ready to bash you and apologize and expect all to be well.
- CHILD TRAFFICKING: This is the second type of traffic I hate, simply because it's a form of child abuse. It reminds my of stories told to me as a child of slavery. In my mind then, I thought it was a thing of the past. Long gone and buried. Little did I know that it still existed around me and continued to do so up to my adulthood. Hope it ends by the time I hit middle life and old age.
So dears, you see I was right to hate traffic, but I truly, absolutely love blog traffic. Tell me what other types of traffic there are, so we all learn.