I had earlier to have this article out by yesterday for my food friday series, but somehow, I ran out of time. Last week or was it 2 weeks ago, (doesn't really matter) I made a random dish and it came out nice. I promised a few people who asked, that the recipe would be out by this week. It is also a healthy meal to some extent. Here is how it was made.
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh pepper
- Green beans
- Green pepper
- Spices (curry, thyme, maggi)
- Sweet corn
- In a pot or pan, heat up water to boiling point. Add the macaroni, making sure that the water just covers it.
- Add some salt to taste, cover it up and allow to simmer.
- While the macaroni is cooking, it's time to get busy with chopping up the ingredients.
- However, unlike most times that the vegetables are chopped into cubes, these are cut into longer strips like we did for skillet potatoes. It gives it a sophisticated appearance.
- The sweet corn can't be chopped or sliced though, just wash and drain it.
- In a pan, add a very small amount of water and allow to heat to boiling point.
- Add the onions and garlic and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Then, add the fresh pepper, carrots and green beans. Allow these to boil till it starts to soften up.
- Then, add the fresh tomatoes and cabbage.
- Also, add your spices to taste, but no salt yet. Don't forget thatyour macaroni is still cooking and it's got some salt in it.
- Keep checking on the macaroni, if it is ready before you are done with making the sauce, put out the fire and drain out any excess water.
- Finally, to the sauce, add the sweet corn.
- Next, pour in the macaroni into the sauce, mix vety well and add the green pepper. Allow it to heat up for about 30 seconds then bring doen your food.
**p.s. You can add extra salt to taste just before you add the green pepper. Also, make sure that there is no fluid in the sauce before you add your macaroni.
If you do not like this healthy verison, you can fry the sauce with vegetable oil instead of boiling it. So annoying but fried foods taste better.
Have a pleasant day, post for "D" in the a-z blogging challenge coming right up. Need to add some finishing touches.