Hello guys! Time to get our groove on, let's go dancing! Dancing, like exercise, sex and laughter also has it's benefits. If you say that you have no idea how to dance, then I'll just tell you that it's simply because you haven't tried it yet. Dancing, the way I understand it is moving your body to the tune of the music; whether it's fast or slow; pop, rock, jazz, Fuji or disco, it's still a dance. Is it ballet, salsa, waltz? guess what? they are different types of dance they do the same thing. Whether it is a dance step from the 70's you prefer or the more modern ones that sometimes make people look like they've gone completely bunkers, it's still a dance
So let's take a look at some of the benefits of dance as they are outlined in the photo below; I'll be starting with:
- Reduces stress: it is very important that we learn different ways to reduce stress, because apart from age and growth, stress is another thing we tend to build up in our everyday lives as adults. To tell you how important it is to reduce stress, the last two health benefits discussed here also help to reduce stress.
- Boosts memory
- Improves flexibility thereby keeping your muscles and joint healthy and improvung mobility
- Diminish depression and improves self esteem
- Protects the heart
- Helps to lose weight and control obesity as it is a form of exercise
- Increase energy
- Gives a more balanced postures
- Improves your social life by making more friends
- It can serve a source of income in the entertainment industry whether you are a dancer or a dance tutor.
You know I'm not going to paint it all rosy, just like anything in life, there are risks to be taken and professional dancers will tell you that much. Not to scare you or any of such but dancing, especially the professional type comes with some risks and they include;
- Injuries like strain and sometimes fractures
- Eating disorders e.g. anorexia, bulimia in trying to fit into a particular body size
- Workplace stress built up by the pressure of being able to make the cut and striving for perfection
If you want to dance, make it fun so you'll get the best out of the experience. Cheers....