So last week I started out on writing the recipe for french toast and got side tracked because of my sister's baking. Well, I promised to bring it to you and that't what I have set out to accomplish today. I also promised to make it a double! Food and Fashion Friday!! Here it goes then;
- Bread (Pre-Sliced)
- Vegetable oil
- Wash the eggs and break into a clean bowl. (to reduce calories, separate the yolk from the egg white and use only the egg white)
- Whisk the eggs
- You can add a little salt and spices (pepper, curry) to the eggs and beat together. If you don't like spice, you don't have to add it.
- Pre-heat your clean frying pan
- Add a very little quantity of vegetable oil, not enough to cover half the base of the pan. just so you know how little. 0% cholesterol is always better I think.
- Dip the sliced bread into the whisked egg making sure both sides are covered
- Place into the frying pan and fry till both sides are golden brown.
You can fry it one slice at a time. After frying place on a paper towel to absorb any unnecessary moisture and oil. Then munch away. It can be served with tea or juice.