As promised I am here with the recipe for the eggstew sauce. I’ve had a very hectic day and I almost postponed the post. However, I can’t fail you my loyal subscribers. The eggstew sauce is super easy especially if you are a Nigerian and who know how to make the Nigerian stew. (I think that would be my next food Friday topic now that I think about it, Anyway, till then). The preparation of the eggstew sauce is as follows:
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh pepper
- Spices – magi, curry, thyme, garlic, salt
- Already made stew
- Vegetable oil – groundnut, olive e.t.c.
- Green pepper
- Chop up the onions, fresh tomatoes and fresh pepper into tiny bits
- In a frying pan, add 2 tablespoonful of vegetable oil,
- Allow oil to heat up, then, add the chopped onions and garlic. Allow these to simmer a bit, to allow the flavours of the garlic come out.
- Add the chopped fresh pepper and tomatoes, allow to fry for about 5 – 10 minutes, then add the spices to taste.
- Add the stew and stir until it is well blended.
- Break the eggs into a plate and add a pinch of salt. Whisk the egg and add it to the pan. Stir very gently so the egg doesn’t mash up.
- You could add a bit of chopped green pepper for more flavour and garnishing.
So, there you have it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did mine.